[Interest] Does it really worth it?

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Wed Mar 28 19:03:03 CEST 2012

Let me summarize this thread for good:

- A developer thinking of extending Qt with a charts add-on found out in
few hours that there are three projects working in that direction, in
different stages of development, with different licensing models and
developed by different stakeholders (none of them being Nokia).

- That developer had a concern about the future of Qt in 2015, and the
Nokia involvement. In few hours he got answers from three Nokia
employees working full time in Qt and showing confidence in the
strategic commitment of their employer in Qt.

All in all it looks like a good response to his question. Thank you Qt
community!

This is the Qt Project. Here open source developers meet to collaborate
pushing Qt forward. It is everybody's interest to have a powerful Qt and
a vivid ecosystem rocking in 2015 - and a decade later. All of us here
have to "assure there is food in the table" (quoting Harri) and I bet
all of us are doing our best granting that for today and for the future.

It is not really useful pushing the people here with a @nokia.com
address (all of us betting our food on Qt) for anything related with
Nokia business. By the way this is a good advice applicable to any
employee of any corporation in any OSS project. With the best of
intentions I have put together http://qt-project.org/wiki/Nokia-and-Qt -
it's a wiki page and you are invited to improve it.

The Qt Project has an excellent level of discussion and collaboration
based on people and the work they do. Keeping this level and keeping the
morale high is a collective task. Like in any open source project, you
are encouraged to contribute your part.

--
Quim