[Interest] [Qt-creator] mac: executable binary inside package

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Thu Mar 29 01:47:58 CEST 2012

On 03/29/2012 02:48 AM, ext David Kim wrote:
> 1.
> When the application was deployed with macdeployqt,
> the dmg file also contains .Trashes. Is
> there an option to exclude it?

macdeployqt doesn't make a .dmg does it? It didn't the last time I checked.

I have typically used a script to build a .dmg that prepared a directory
with the contents I wanted on the disk image and "sanitized" it,
removing all the .DS_Store and other junk from the filesystem. I'd post
it here but... my Mac is not handy.

> 2. What'd be the way to put the alias of the
> Applications folder inside the dmg file as well, so that
> users could drag-n-drop the application onto
> the Applications folder in there. This is what
> other applications' installation process usually does,
> isn't it?

You need a symlink (points to a fixed location). You can create this in
your deployment script.

eg.

cd /path/to/my/image/folder
ln -s /Applications .

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/