[Interest] QTextEdit not resizing with QFormLayout

Sujan Dasmahapatra sdh at lmwindpower.com
Tue May 8 10:43:50 CEST 2012

//mainwindow.h

QWidget *widget;

QPushButton *button;

QTextEdit *edit1;

QFormLayout *formL;

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent):QMainWindow(parent)

{

    setGeometry(0,0,800,600);

    widget = new QWidget(this);

    widget->resize(size());

    button = new QPushButton("Click me!!",widget);

    button->setGeometry(5,5,100,25);

    button->setFixedSize(100,25);

    button->show();

    edit1 = new QTextEdit(widget);

    edit1->setGeometry(5,35,widget->width()-10, widget->height()-40);

    edit1->show();

    formL = new QFormLayout(widget);

    formL->addWidget(button);

    formL->addWidget(edit1);

    widget->setLayout(formL);

    widget->show();

}

With this code, my  textedit(edit1) is not moving vertically, although
it's moving horizontally when resizing the mainwindow.  Edit1's initial
height is also less. I want the initial height of the edit should be 5
unit less from the bottom and 35 units less from the top as there's a
pushbutton for 25 units at the top. And edit1 should also resize
vertically.

Pushbutton is working fine I have set it to be fixed size so it is ok.
Edit1 should be resizing according to the mainwindow both vertically and
horizontally.