[Interest] QTreeView and collapsing nodes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 9 08:50:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Jason Dictos <jdictos at barracuda.com> wrote:

> Good info, however I’ve confirmed that I’m not explicitly emitting that
> layoutChanged signal when refreshing the nodes.

Unless you did so already, I'd connect a dummy-object to all the signals a
model can emit to verify
which are being emitted while you add your rows.

> I am adding rows, or removing rows for sure however, hence the refresh.

But you're adding rows as children under the one that is already expanded,
not as siblings to it?

> So, is it just impossible to add items to an expanded tree’s node, without
> it collapsing then?

I'd say it should be possible, but I don't know the QTreeView code off-hand
to be 100% sure. I'd file a bugreport with the Qt-Project if a
stripped-down example of what you do causes the same problem.

Andreas