[Interest] Console output on OS X

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:32:14 CEST 2012

Am 11.05.2012 um 08:55 schrieb Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>:

> Note that passing a lot of debug output through syslogd (which feeds Console.app)
> can degrade overall system performance.

In my previous post I made the assumption that you need to call specific system log APIs (such that it gets fed to the syslog daemon) in order to actually see something in Console.app.

Or in other words: everything else which goes to stdout or stderr (with qDebug, for instance) does /not/ appear in the system log (unless there was a way to re-route that output to the system log, again with some platform-specific API?), but on the "normal" associated Terminal.

Is that correct?

Cheers, Oliver