[Interest] Console output on OS X

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:28:27 CEST 2012

Am 11.05.2012 um 17:04 schrieb Sherif Ghali <sherif.ghali.1 at gmail.com>:

>  (unless QT_NO_DEBUG is
> set).

What makes you sure that this was set at compile time of Qt? Are you sure you are linking against a *debug* Qt version? (Somehow a ring bells telling me that the stock binary Qt frameworks on Mac ship only in release mode, because it is kind of hard or next to impossible to have both debug and release libraries (Frameworks) in the same directory - but I could be completely wrong here).

> Do these factors together not suggest that the message should appear
> on OS X just as it appears on Windows?

They certainly suggest so, yes... however my own experience dictates that mere suggestions, assumptions and hints are often beaten by hard facts.

So why don't you set a break-point at said location (and shortly before) and see what happens?

Note that your question now shifted from "Where do I see my debug statements?" (which I consider answered) to something else...

Cheers,
  Oliver