[Interest] OS X Sandboxing and IPC (my experience so far)

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu May 17 15:38:19 CEST 2012

Am 14.05.2012 um 10:13 schrieb Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:

> On segunda-feira, 14 de maio de 2012 10.03.47, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
>> However I noticed a warning message in the console output which
>> appears just after the listen() call above:
>>
>>  QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
>
> Run the sub-process with QT_FATAL_WARNINGS=1 and give us the backtrace of that
> warning.

While trying to come up with a minimal example I found out an interesting point: in my actual application I deploy the Qt frameworks (Qt Core, Network, Gui + a few image plugins) myself + the changing the framework search paths etc., before the entire bundle is code-signed.

In the example application I used the "macdeployqt" in my *.pro file before code-signing, and then I did /not/ get said warning message when instantiating a QLocalServer (or a QSocketNotifier) in main().

I also tried instantiating the same objects in main() in my actual application, just after the QApplication instance, removing everything else. But as soon as the app is code-signed, I get the warning.

So I strongly assume that macdeployqt does something more than just copying the Qt frameworks and changing the search paths. Maybe I am missing some special network plugin (currently I am really just installing image plugins).

I will let you know once I have figured out which plugin (or whatever else) is missing.

Cheers,
  Oliver