[Interest] OS X Sandboxing and IPC (my experience so far)

morten.sorvig at nokia.com morten.sorvig at nokia.com
Thu May 24 14:16:10 CEST 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 4:59 PM, ext Till Oliver Knoll wrote:

> I prefer to install just what I need with my own *.pro/qmake script - it
> turns out that macdeployqt installs every possible framework, even the
> SQL ones, even though I don't need them (contrary to what the Qt docs
> states that only the necessary frameworks would be deployed according to
> the QT/CONFIG values being set). Let alone all possible plugins that I
> have no use of).

I've uploaded a patch that updates the macdeployqt plugin logic [1], perhaps this fixes the to-many plugins and frameworks issue? If you run macdeployqt with -verbose=2 you should see how the various frameworks are pulled in.

This sort of maintenance is unfortunately needed since the plugin deployment logic is implemented as a black-list (deploy all plugins with exceptions). We might consider doing it differently for Qt 5 and use a white-list instead.

Morten

[1] : https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,27033