[Interest] Adding button groups to toolbars?

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:09:19 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have (another) problem. I am trying to mimick the layout of Xcode,
making a simple custom widget with a toolbar on top and a widget on the
bottom.

I was able to create a vertical layout and add a series of actions,
adding them to the toolbar. Now I was moving to the next level: adding a
QButtonGroup with mutually exclusive buttons.

What's the best way to do this? I can't add a QButtonGroup to a toolbar,
and I can't add a QButtonGroup to a vertical layout. So far, that's what
I've tried, but I can't figure it out.

Can you give me a hint?

Thanks?

     // Main working area
     area_ = new QSplitter(this);

     // Custom widget
     QWidget *w = new QWidget(this);
     // Vertical stack
     QVBoxLayout *box = new QVBoxLayout(w);
     // Toolbar
     //QToolBar *tb = new QToolBar(w);
     // Button group
     QButtonGroup *bg = new QButtonGroup(area_);
     // Buttons
     QPushButton *b1 = new QPushButton("Hello");
     QPushButton *b2 = new QPushButton("This");
     QPushButton *b3 = new QPushButton("World");
     b1->setChecked(true);
     bg->addButton(b1);
     bg->addButton(b2);
     bg->addButton(b3);
     bg->setExclusive(true);
     //tb->addWidget(dynamic_cast<QWidget*>(bg) );
     // Main view
     QTextEdit *w1 = new QTextEdit(area_);
     // Add to vbox
     box->addWidget(bg);