[Interest] Spell checking.

Bill Crocker william.crocker at analog.com
Thu Nov 1 00:47:12 CET 2012

On 10/31/2012 06:54 PM, Alex Malyushytskyy wrote:
> Since combobox is using QLineEdit for editing,
> it provides a pointer to it with:
> QLineEdit * QComboBox::lineEdit () const
>
> Also you force it to use QLineEdit subclass with setLineEdit()

But, I don't know how to add spell checking to a QLineEdit
so being able to replace the QLineEdit of a QComboBox
with anything related to a QLineEdit does not do any good.

I *do* know how to turn a QTextEdit into a single line
widget with spell checking, but I can not then pass
it to the QComboBox because it does not derive from
a QLineEdit.

I suppose I could subclass QLineEdit and then override
the paint event, but I looked at the existing paint event
code and got scared.   :-)