[Interest] Spell checking.

Bill Crocker william.crocker at analog.com
Tue Nov 6 13:25:23 CET 2012

On 11/06/2012 04:55 AM, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Bill Crocker <william.crocker at analog.com
> <mailto:william.crocker at analog.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am adding spell checking to my application.
>
>     I have the spell checking engine.
>
>     I can see how to use the QSyntaxHighlighter to
>     to underline words that are spelled incorrectly
>     in a QTextEdit.
>
> How about using QTextEdit::setExtraSelections instead of using a syntax highlighter?

Highlighting spelling errors in a QTextEdit is not my problem.
My problem is how to highlight them in a QLineEdit.

Using a single-line QTextEdit in places where I used to
use a QLineEdit gets me 90% of the way there.
But, per previous postings, this can not be used in the
context of a QComboBox.

Thanks.

Bill