[Interest] compiling qt with eglfs

pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:46:39 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Thomas Senyk <thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com>wrote:

> On Wed, November 07, 2012 05:29:00 PM pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I was trying to get qt working with eglfs + opengles.
> > I am able to compile but when I try to run hellogl_es2. I get this.
> >
> > ./hellogl_es2 -qws
>
> No no no! :) No! :)
> I can't stretch that enough: eglfs doesn't support this application!
>
> Those plugins (eglfs, simplegl, minimalegl, kms,...) only support one(!)
> fullscreen opengl-surface..
> Therefor one can't mix QWidget-classes with QGLWidget (as it's the case for
> hellogl_es2)
>
> How do I get the mix(QWidget + some QGLWidgets) working then? I need the
mix. I have a lot of
code that is in QWidgets and I would like to use QGLWIdget incremently as
and when I need it.
I was previously using directfb. I enabled opengl without changing anything
else, hellogl_es2 lauched
but glWidget showed nothing, just some garbage probably due to not clearing
the surface.
So I swtiched to eglfs that resulted in the current scenario.

> Take qmlviewer or similar and use QGLWidget as viewport for the
> QGraphicsView/QDeclarativeView
> (-opengl as argument for qmlviewer)
>

> > QScreenLinuxFb::connect: No such file or directory
> > Error opening framebuffer device /dev/fb0
> >
> > : driver cannot connect
> >
> > Aborted
> >
> > I don't understand why it needs  /dev/fb0.
>
> QWS != QPA
>
> They are different, independent Qt ports.
> They can't co-exist! You have to take one or the other!
>

> eglfs is a platform plugin for QPA
> Their is simplegl for QWS, but I got no clue about it's current state.
>
> Me advice is to try QPA and eglfs as I know it's working.

So if I supply -qpa while configuring qt and copy my mkspec from qws to qpa
dir, will i get working QPA?

--
pritam