[Interest] compiling qt with eglfs

pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:55:38 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM, pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com <
pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Thomas Senyk <thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, November 07, 2012 06:16:39 PM pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com wrote:

>> one(!)
>> case

>> the
>> >
>> > mix. I have a lot of
>> > code that is in QWidgets and I would like to use QGLWIdget incremently
>> as
>> > and when I need it.
>> > I was previously using directfb. I enabled opengl without changing
>> anything
>> > else, hellogl_es2 lauched
>> > but glWidget showed nothing, just some garbage probably due to not
>> clearing
>> > the surface.
>> > So I swtiched to eglfs that resulted in the current scenario.
>>
>> This is a hard limitation of eglfs.
>> It can't handle/composit multiple egl-surfaces and as the QGLWidget needs
>> egl-surface and you also having QWidgets around the QGLWidget which also
>> need
>> a surface you can forget about eglfs.
>>

>> You need a proper windowing system for that kind of approach.
>> The 3 I know of:
>> - X11       (not embedded)
>> - directfb (not clue about the current state of the different directfb
>> pluings)
>> - wayland (properly not available on your board)
>>

>> Another long-term solution would be to switch to QtQuick(2.0)   ;)
>>

> Thank you for great explanation. We would switch to QtQuick ultimately.
> But for now I need to see opengl performance. I have not yet reached to
> the point where I get
> a simple gl application running.

>> > So if I supply -qpa while configuring qt and copy my mkspec from qws to
>> qpa
>> > dir, will i get working QPA?
>>
>> Yes most likely!
>>  ... as long as you keep in mind that the plugins are also two distinct
>> sets!
>> One set of plugins for QWS
>> Another set of plugins for QPA

>> time.

> --
> pritam

I am still stuck with qt 4.8.3 with qpa. It always compiles, but I never
got it to work.
Now when i try the application its failing at load time itself
# ./hellogl_es2 -qpa -platform egl
Failed to load platform plugin "egl". Available platforms are:
Minimal

if I try Minimal, I get a segfault.
./hellogl_es2 -qpa -platform Minimal
Segmentation fault

backtrace from gdb shows that it crashes in
QGLContext::chooseContext(QGLContext const*) ()

I have no idea what to do next. why didn't I get eglfs plugin when I had
specified -egl in configure.

--
pritam