[Interest] How to force a repaint?

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Thu Nov 8 21:08:50 CET 2012

Den 08-11-2012 20:59, Eric Clark skrev:

> Hello All,
>
> I am sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but right now my
> company has locked us out of getting to the Qt documentation via our
> ridiculous proxy. Anyway, can anyone tell me of a function or an easy
> way (other than resizing the widget) to force a Widget to repaint?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Eric Clark

widget->update(); // Repaint when the event system feels like it

widget->repaint(); // Repaint right now

99.9% of the times, you want to use the first one.

Bo Thorsen.

Come by my DevDays talk in Berlin - "Designing for testability". Learn how to build and run your unit tests with the Qt application.

Fionia Software - Qt experts for hire.