[Interest] Why is this not working? Assign direct to QML (through setContextProperty) works, as function doesn't.

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 14:14:41 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Lincoln Ramsay <a1291762 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/11/12 12:56, Mark wrote:
>> Ahh, i was really hoping for that to work! Sadly i was "welcomed" with
>> this compiler error:
>>
>> pathmodel.o: In function `PathModel::PathModel(QObject*)':
>> pathmodel.cpp:(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `vtable for PathModel'
>
> You need to run qmake to regenerate the Makefile because moc didn't run
> (because the last time qmake ran, the Q_OBJECT macro wasn't there).
>
> --
> Link

Hmm, i thought i did that. Anyway, after cleaning it up (thoroughly
this time) it does compile, but it still gives "undefined" in QML when
i call Util.pathModel() as in my initial example.
The pathmodel.h looks like this now:
#ifndef PATHMODEL_H
#define PATHMODEL_H

#include <QStringListModel>

class PathModel : public QStringListModel
{
    Q_OBJECT
public:
    explicit PathModel(QObject *parent = 0);
};

Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(PathModel*)
#endif // PATHMODEL_H

Any other options i can try?