[Interest] calling QMessageBox::warning() may break the DLL detaching on VS2010

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Thu Nov 15 13:03:47 CET 2012

Hi Xulei,

I've always considered DllMain to be only used for thread based
initialisations and finalisations.  IIRC, it's design is flawed - process
unload can occur without the individual thread unloads.  This made it
useless to disconnect thread specific database objects, for example.

I'm amazed that window related calls like ::MessageBox are even allowed in
DllMain, I certainly wouldn't expect them to work!

You're better off using standard debugging interfaces like qDebug() to track
things in DllMain.

Tony.