[Interest] Application using qt 5.0 beta 2 crashes

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Fri Nov 16 09:28:23 CET 2012

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:14:44 +0100, Sam Van Gucht wrote:

>> But my application crashes when I create a QApplication. It crashes in
>> the function QXcbConnection::xi2SetupTabletDevices, when the function
>> XIQueryDevice is called.
>>
>> Did anyone have the same problem or knows a solution?

Happens on my SuSE 12.0 box too when I start a Qt5 application X11/
remotely. Starting the same application locally works.

See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-28000

When running Qt 5 applications over NX it results in a black screen for
half of my applications, as soon as the application window gets
activated. For the other half this effect doesn't happen but I can see a
lousy graphics performance ( falling curtains ) - what is no surprise as
the X11 paint engine has been removed from Qt 5.

Too sad that without the X11 paint engine all hardware accelerated
graphics are gone too.

Uwe