[Interest] Dynamically generating a states and transitions array in javascript?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:11:12 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a states array in QML that looks like this:
    states: [
        State {
            name: "icon"
            PropertyChanges { target: viewContainer; source:
"views/IconView.qml" }
        },
        State {
            name: "list"
            PropertyChanges { target: viewContainer; source: "views/LView.qml" }
        },
        State {
            name: "tree"
            PropertyChanges { target: viewContainer; source:
"views/TreeView.qml" }
        }
    ]

That works just fine, but i want to do it more dynamically. I want to
read the contents of the folder "views" and add a state entry for each
item that i fine. Reading the folder and getting the filename isn't an
issue, but i'm kinda puzzled how to build up a states array in
javascript.

This is an pseudo code example:
buildstates.js

var stateArray = ... construct the states based on based on the
content of a folder ...

main.qml
import "buildstates.js" as BuildStates

Item{
    width: 800
    height: 600
    states: BuildStates.stateArray
}

I want to do the same for transitions.
But how do i do the JavaScript part? Or is there another way to build
up a dynamic states/transitions array? Or is there a C++ way for this?

Cheers,
Mark