[Interest] Qt -4.8.3 self compiled is corrupted when complete

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:24:21 CET 2012

On Nov 27, 2012, at 3:55 AM, R. Reucher <rene.reucher at batcom-it.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 November 2012 03:54:06 Mike Jackson wrote:
> > I am trying to compile Qt 4.8.3 with a fully patched Visual Studio 2010
> > Service Pack 1 as a 64 bit compile. When the compile finishes and I try to
> > launch assistant or designer they just crash out. No error dialog or
> > anything. They just refuse to launch.
> >
> > I used the following command from a "Visual Studio x64 command prompt"
> >

> > configure -confirm-license -opensource -debug-and-release -shared -fast
> > -exceptions -stl -no-qt3support -nomake demos -nomake examples
> >

> > I have read around on google that mentions adding -platform win32-msvc2010
> > which might help but does not in my case.
> >
> >  I also tried adding -mp to speed up the compiles which did not help
> > either. Has anyone else run into this type of problem?
> See here:
> http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/KB2280741
>
> This is a hot-fix for a known x64 recode optimization issue (in short: using optimization option /O2 leads to a crash in *all* software built for x64)!
>
> So it's not Qt specific... I had the same issue in the first place :).
>
> HTH, René

Thanks,
 I had seen some mention of that hot fix on the internet but not in enough locations or by enough people to really cement in my mind that was the problem. Only because I installed VS2010 updated to SP1 and compiled and didn't have a problem. My collaborator (on a different computer) did the same and had problems. But seems like the hot fix really was the problem. THanks for verifying.

----
Mike J.