[Interest] Issue in drawing CheckBox using QStyle::drawPrimitive

Lijo Antony lta at one.com
Tue Nov 27 14:54:38 CET 2012

Hi All,

I am drawing a checkbox inside a custom delegate using
QStyle::drawPrimitive. I use this custom delegate to render items of a
QListView. Paint method of my custom delegate is as below,

void MytDelegate::paint(QPainter *painter,
            const QStyleOptionViewItem &option,
            const QModelIndex &index) const
{

QStyleOptionViewItem checkBoxStyle(option);

// set checkBoxStyle.rect here

checkBoxStyle.state = QStyle::State_On;
					QApplication::style()->drawPrimitive(QStyle::PE_IndicatorCheckBox,
&checkBoxStyle, painter);

}

However, this checkbox is always drawn as grayed out, like a disabled
QCheckBox. I am trying to make this checkbox to be drawn just like an
active QCheckBox. I tried to tweak the palette of the QStyleOption
without any luck. Would you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-lijo