[Interest] can't configure for only -release on Qt5 Beta2 Mac

Lincoln Ramsay a1291762 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:37:55 CET 2012

On 28/11/12 11:29, VStevenP wrote:
> Thanks for your thoughts...it's much appreciated.
>
> I simply did:
>
> ./configure -prefix $PWD/qtbase -release -opensource
>
> from within a freshly-created qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0-beta2 directory.
>
> I created this directory using tar xvzf on the file found here:
>
> http://releases.qt-project.org/qt5.0/beta2/single/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0-beta2.tar.gz

Ok. I have downloaded this too and checked out it's configure. It's the
same...

I really can't see how this could have happened. Does your $PWD contain
spaces or other special characters? (though if this was the case, you
should have ended up with other errors)

You can get a dump from the shell as its running configure. That might
help identify what is going wrong. You'd do that with commands like this:

cd qtbase
sh -x ./configure -prefix $PWD -release -opensource >log.txt 2>&1

You could gzip the log file and send it to me if you'd like. It's
possibly not something you'd want to put on a public list like this.

--
Link