[Interest] fromWinHICON missing from Qt 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 2 15:57:17 CEST 2012

On domingo, 2 de setembro de 2012 22.23.01, Joseph Crowell wrote:
> QPixmap QPixmap::fromWinHICON( HICON ); Is there a reason this has been
> removed?

Yes, the QPixmap API is platform-independent, completely. The equivalent
fromWinHBITMAP, fromMacCGImageRef, fromSymbianCFbsBitmap, fromSymbianRSgImage
and fromX11Pixmap are also gone.

> If so, is there any another method which results in the same
> return values from a windows resource dll?

QPixmap qt_pixmapFromWinHICON(HICON icon);

I can't find it in any header and it isn't documented, but it's exported from
QtGui. Therefore, treat it as private API for now, until future plans emerge.

For the X11 ones, the idea is to add it to the proposed QtX11Support library,
which would also bring back QX11Embed{Container,Widget}, QX11DisplayInfo, etc.
I don't know where the Mac plans place theirs.