[Interest] My experience porting to Qt5 (on OS X)

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Mon Sep 3 19:39:47 CEST 2012

03.09.2012, 16:01, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> On segunda-feira, 3 de setembro de 2012 15.48.12, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>
>>  Now Qt applications will need to add separate toolbar code for Mac OS X,
>>  while in Qt 4 it was possible to handle Mac with QToolBar. Not so
>>  cross-platform'ish...
>
> The concept of an integrated toolbar isn't cross-platform'ish either.

You didn't get my point.

In Qt 4 you #ifdef one function call and get _almost_ HIG-compatible application.
(Right, if you wanted to get even closer to native, it was not possible with Qt).

Now you require everyone to write a bunch of code and #ifdef it, or dont look
native at all.

--
Regards,
Konstantin