[Interest] My experience porting to Qt5 (on OS X)

Constantin Makshin cmakshin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:03:49 CEST 2012

It's pretty simple (taken from
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/General/Conceptual/MOSXAppProgrammingGuide/FullScreenApp/FullScreenApp.html):
"The full-screen experience makes sense for many apps but not for all.
For example, the Finder, Address Book, and Calculator would not provide
any benefit to users by assuming full-screen mode. The same is probably
true for most utility apps. Media-rich apps, on the other hand, can
often benefit from full-screen presentation."

In other words: if running your application in fullscreen mode makes
little or no sense, don't bother implementing it. For example,
applications like the aforementioned ones aren't [very] useful in
fullscreen, they are short-lived programs [usually] used to quickly
select some data and pass it to another application:
*) file manager — select a file and open it in associated application;
*) address book — select a contact and make a call/write e-mail/whatever;
*) calculator — uhm, calculator taking the whole 15.6´´ laptop (just an
example) screen?..