[Interest] QML 3D animations using png files

pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com pritam.ghanghas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:13:42 CEST 2012

Hi Ramakanth,

First of all this question is in no way related to releasing. You should
not just blindly post to all mailing lists that you have subscribed to.
"releasing" is for release related activities and queries.

Now png is already a texture. I mean it can be used as a texture. And png
is a 2D format. So there is no way of creating a 3d object directly out of
png and you will not find any such API. You can create a 3d object yourself
and then bind textures from that png to whereever you want in your 3d
object's coordinates. I have not looked at Qt3d API's, but binding textures
is a very easy job and you can find a lot of opengl code snippets on
internet. But you need to do some study about 3d graphics pipeline and
rendering before trying to do that.

Regards,
Pritam

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Ramakanthreddy_Kesireddy <
Ramakanthreddy_Kesireddy at mahindrasatyam.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> Could you please let me know how can we add textures to png files and load
> as QML 3D objects
>
> so that we can apply animations.
>

> I have png files with no textures.
>
> Could you please let me know code snippet how can we add textures to png
> files and load as QML 3D objects.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Ramakanth

> DISCLAIMER:
> PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
> distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
> STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
> is appreciated.

pritam