[Interest] eventFilter issue : left mouse press is not directly catched (got RequestSoftwareInputPanel instead, type=199)

helferthomas at free.fr helferthomas at free.fr
Tue Sep 11 07:49:18 CEST 2012

Hi, my name is Helfer Thomas and I am using Qt for a free time project. I am french and apologies for my poor english

I already described my issue on the qt forum without any reply, so I hope to have better chance on this mailing list.
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/20144/

I am trying to filter mouse event send to a QTextEdit. I could easily handle event associated with the right button, but have some trouble with the left one : when clicking on the QTextEdit, I receive an QEvent of type 199 (RequestSoftwareInputPanel). Googling taugh we was it meant, but I could not figure out how it is converted to a QMouseEvent by a "standard" QWidget. In particular, I am not sure that receiving a RequestSoftwareInputPanel actually *always* means that the user made a left click on my QTextEdit.

I attached a code snipset to this mail which illustrates the issue. It can be compiled like this :
g++ -Wall test-qt.cxx -I /usr/include/qt4 -lQtGui -o test-qt

When running this example, the following behaviour can be observed :
- a right click on the QTextEdit leads to QMouseEvent(MouseButtonPress, 2, 2, 0)
- a left click lead to a QEvent(0×7fffb17d1be0, type = 199)

Can I consider that such an event is always associated to a left button press ?

Thank for any help.

Sincerly,

Helfer Thomas