[Interest] TCP ACK with QDataStream -- OR: disconnect race condition detection

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:22:18 CEST 2012

You haven't given any concrete reasons why I'm wrong, so I'll just
assume you are until you prove otherwise (WHEEEEEEEEEEE). Repeating
yourself doesn't count.

Not every application protocol could use it... but a lot could.

Also, responses and error codes are something else entirely. That
would be in a reply which would go through the Generic ACK'er again
back to the requester (the sender ACKs the receiver's reply). I'm only
talking about ACK'ing. The information learned/gained is that the
sender now KNOWS the receiver got it and/or processed it (as opposed
to knowing it's sitting in the receiver's transport layer... worthless
information to the sender's application layer). Can now stop the
re-transmit timeout or whatever.

You're right about one thing: this argument is futile.

d3fault