[Interest] Access to Qt private headers

kai.koehne at nokia.com kai.koehne at nokia.com
Fri Sep 14 08:34:22 CEST 2012

> [...]
> Basically I want qt-install-path\QtV8\5.0.0\QtV8\private to be added to the include path, so that my application code directly includes v8.h
>
> But adding v8-private to QT, only brings until qt-install-path\QtV8\5.0.0\QtV8 to the include path, meaning I have to include "private/v8.h" than just v8.h

Bo Thorsen already pointed out that you should think twice (or more) before using private headers. Anyway, if you know what you're doing: qmake doesn't offer the option to put the 'private' folder in the INCLUDEPATH. One should  see already from the source code that there is some private header used.

> Too many files need to change if I've to do this. Is there a means to accomplish what I'm trying.
>
> Another not-so-clean approach I find is that, in whatever include paths there are now, I create a v8.h, which just contains one line -- #include "private/v8.h"

That's what we e.g. qtdeclarative does, too.

Regards

Kai