[Interest] [Development] Does Digia plan to ship Qt5 for every module?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 16 08:49:12 CEST 2012

On domingo, 16 de setembro de 2012 10.01.56, Loaden wrote:
> After test the Qt5 beta1 package both on Windows and Linux, I have to
> install all thing to hard disk.
> But, I just interesting for few modules, e.g. qtbase, qtqml. I don't want
> forced install other modules (e.g. qtwebkit...)
> Please let's user can make a choice for install.

Are you asking about the Qt Commercial offering? If so, I recommend you contact
your Qt Commercial support and/or sales representative.

I'm not a commercial user and I'm not privy to Digia discussions, but my guess
is that they have not thought yet of what they want to ship in Qt 5. For that
reason, a safe assumption is that they will ship commercially what the Qt
Project releases as Open Source.