[Interest] Problem about signals/slots in Qt 5

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Tue Sep 18 14:21:58 CEST 2012

On 9/18/12 4:10 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> How could I solve this?
>>
>> In Qt 4 I could specialize the signal using SIGNAL(valueChanged(int)), how
>> could I do in Qt 5?
>
>      void (QSpinBox:: *signal)(int) = &QSpinBox::valueChanged;
>      QObject::connect(spinBox, signal, slider, &QSlider::setValue);

or:

QObject::connect(spinBox, (void (QSpinBox:: *)(int))
&QSpinBox::valueChanged, slider, &QSlider::setValue);

if you want to keep it in one line.

I like this new syntax much better since it finds signal/slot mismatches
at compile time. I used to miss the connection mismatch messages in the
sea of my REALLY chatty logs. And pulling my hairs wondering why
something doesn't work. :)