[Interest] qtbrowserplugin termination

"Alexander CarĂ´t" alexander_carot at gmx.net
Sun Sep 30 00:04:57 CEST 2012

Hi --

the development of my own browserplugin with qt works better and better. For now I could compile my own app as a plugin on Windows XP and the Firefox browser. However, now the debugging process with a number of questions starts:

The plugin itself is working fine but upon program termination (closing the browser or changing the URL) the browser crashes. I noticed that the termination event in the qt event loop is not triggered when running my app as the browser plugin:

bool myApp::event(QEvent *e){

  ///// PROGRAM TERMINATION
  if (e->type() == 19){
     // IMPORTANT STUFF HERE
  }
}

So I actually think that this is the reason for the crash but I'm not sure though. Anyways -- does anyone know why the event is not triggered in this specific case (when running the app regularly is works fine) ? Is there maybe an alternative to discover app termination ?

Thanks in advance,
best

Alex
--