[Interest] Unable to build MySQL driver (QMYSQL) for Qt5

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:58:59 CEST 2013

On 03/31/2013 07:14 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On domingo, 31 de março de 2013 11.52.48, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
>> <code>mbnoimi-pc mysql # qmake âEURoeINCLUDEPATH+=/usr/local/includeâEUR?
>> âEURoeLIBS+=-L/usr/local/lib -lmysqlclient_râEUR? mysql.pro WARNING:
>> /opt/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/Src/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqldriverbase.pri:4:
>> Unable to find file for inclusion qt_plugin Project MESSAGE:
>> Warning: unknown QT: sql-private</code><br>
> First of all, don't send email with HTML. More importantly, don't send HTML-
> only email. I will not reply to another one of yours.
This is the second time you asked me to change my messages formats>:o
 >:o !!!
See the configuration of my Thunderbird to believe that I'm sending
messages in both formats:
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6171/snapshot15l.png

I suggest to double check your KMail configurations to be able to read
the messages correctly.

> Second: you ran Qt 4's qmake.
>
> If you installed from an Ubuntu package, try like this:
> 	qmake -qt5 LIBS+=-lmysqlclient_r
>
> but also check if they don't have a pre-built MySQL driver.
>
> If you installed from the SDK, use the full path to the qmake binary that came
> with that.
Indeed this is matter of Qt 4's qmake... thanks.

By the way, ubuntu's repositories still haven't Qt5 so I forced to use
Qt 5.0.1 installer to be able to work on Qt5. I asked trolls guys to add
a ubuntu's PPA instead of the installer but no one intersted although
tons of open source projects use repositories which are a really
practical solution.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi