[Interest] custom widget with rounded border

Francisco Ares frares at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 16:26:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

I use to set the background and window palettes as transparent.

Hope this helps
Francisco

2013/4/2 Hamish Moffatt <hamish at risingsoftware.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am building a custom widget descending from QFrame, because I want the
> rounded borders and other behaviour. In my paintEvent, contentsRect()
> gets me the rectangle for the contents excluding the border, padding and
> margins but the rounded borders are inside that rect. So I am
> obliterating the rounded borders.
>
> How can I avoid drawing over the borders?
>
> thanks,
> Hamish

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
- George Bernard Shaw