[Interest] Unable to build MySQL driver (QMYSQL) for Qt5

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 10:09:12 CEST 2013

On 04/02/2013 01:13 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Instead of the installer is not an option for us. That would mean it works
> only for Ubuntu, which is not acceptable. The installer must work on most
> distributions.
I asked for Linux repositories which means two or three types of
repositories for most common Linux distributions (ex. ubuntu, fedora and
openSuSE... etc). You can see VLC player which is one of most famouse
open source projects how it deals with Linux
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/ all Linux users can get latest release
just in one click without dealing with dependencies hell

> It's currently being built on Ubuntu, which is also a mistake because it's
> dragging in dependencies that aren't universal. The package building must be
> done on Debian, which is usually the oldest acceptable distribution.
>
> If packagers build packages and make them available at the time of the
> release, we'll be happy to link to them in the release announcement. This
> hasn't happened yet.
Current Linux installer doesn't work fine at all because we've to
install some packages to make it works (ex. build-essential,
libgl1-mesa-dev.... etc)
This is really not acceptable for all-in-one installer and make it not
different from usual repository dependencies.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi