[Interest] QIcons and multithreading

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Fri Apr 5 13:38:47 CEST 2013

Den 05-04-2013 13:09, Sensei skrev:
> By the way, and just for a thorough exploration of my code, is
> QTreeWidgetItem *without icons* safe to be constructed in a separate thread?

Looking at the source code, it might actually work. But you will be
depending on the internal implementation of QIcon, so I wouldn't do that
if I were you. And worse, it will be a maintenance nightmare, because
you will have to rely on noone using the QIcon in the code later.

Don't do it.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Qt Manager, Integrated Computer Solutions
ICS - Delivering World-Class Applications for Embedded & Mobile Devices