[Interest] Report designer for Qt

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 16:43:12 CEST 2013

On 04/04/2013 04:33 PM, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> There are literally thousands of different types of components that
> could be useful in some projects. It's impossible for Qt to try and
> deliver all of them. That's the reason it won't happen.
As I said to André before, Report designer is an important tool in many
database based application for that many commercial environment ship it
by default (ex. Microsoft Visual Studio and Embarcadero Delphi)

Every report designer has two major parts, report engine and GUI
designer so I think it can embedded in Qt project as following:

  * Report engine as Qt Add-on works with Qt SQL and Qt Print Support
  * GUI designer as Qt tool works as Qt Creator plug-in in same way of
    Qt Designer works.

eXaro <https://sourceforge.net/projects/exaro/> and OpenRPT
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/openrpt> the most respect open source
solution in this field.

PS
Currently I'm do some tests on OpenRPT and eXaro and I'm planning to
convert one of them to Qt5.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi