[Interest] QtSingleApplication Fix for Windows

Nils Jeisecke njeisecke at saltation.de
Mon Apr 8 17:37:53 CEST 2013

Thanks! I've checked this on XP and Windows 7 using a batch file
starting a test application in an endless loop. That was stable for
hours with the fix applied but failed within a minute without the fix.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Christian Dähn <daehn at asinteg.de> wrote:
> Hi Nils,
>
> I reviewed it and am currently running tests under Win XP + 7 and different
> Linux versions.
>
> All tests should be finished till tomorrow - then the behaviour is checked
> for up to date
> Windows ans Linux versions (fresh installs with industrial apps for
> banking/insurance
> and sortation systems).
>
> I'll post my test results and comment in the codereview system.
>
> So hopefully a Troll will accept your commit after multiple devs checked and
> marked this
> minor change as proven.
>
> ciao,
> Chris
>

>> On 8. April 2013 at 10:49 Nils Jeisecke <njeisecke at saltation.de> wrote:
>>

>> Hi List,
>>
>> some time ago I've submitted a fix for a QtSingleApplication problem.
>> The current implementation does not reliably prevent starting multiple
>> instances on Windows .
>>
>> There does not seem to be a maintainer for Qt Solutions. So I'd
>> welcome anyone interested in reviewing this one line change:
>>
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,44118
>>
>> I've checked this on Mac OS X and Linux and it doesn't show any
>> negative impact there.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Nils

Dipl. Inform. Nils Jeisecke
fon: +49 (0) 521 - 329647-12
fax: +49 (0) 521 - 329647-40
email: jeisecke at saltation.de

saltation GmbH & Co. KG | Niederwall 43 | 33602 Bielefeld
Sitz Bielefeld | Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRA 15344
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
saltation Beteiligungs-GmbH | Niederwall 43 | 33602 Bielefeld
Sitz Bielefeld | Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRB 39339
Geschäftsführer: Daniel Brün