[Interest] QSqlTableModel - table name issue in Postresql

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 23:03:38 CEST 2013

On 04/08/2013 03:00 AM, Tony Rietwyk wrote:

> Hi Muhammad,
>
> I don't know Postgresql at all.   I believe it is based on Oracle.

Oops!! you don't know Postgresql!!! It's not related to Oracle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postgresql

> Your problem sounds like the table name was quoted in the create
> statement, leading to the mixed-case table name being stored in the
> database.   After that you must always quote the table name in any
> sql, otherwise it gets converted to uppercase, and doesn't match.
>
> What was the create statement used for the table?

I don't think that create statement related to this issue because
Postgresql forced me to use quotes... any way I'll give you the statement:

CREATE TABLE"Persons"
(
   id integer NOTNULL,
   name text,
   address text,
   image text,
   email text,
   CONSTRAINT"Persons_pkey"  PRIMARY KEY (id )
)
WITH (
   OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE"Persons"
   OWNER TO postgres;

> What is the exact error message you are getting back?

" Unable to find table Persons"

I used these line to get the above error message:

if  (!p_tableModel->select())
	qDebug() << p_tableModel->lastError().text();

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi