[Interest] Moving to smart pointers: recommendations

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:22:15 CEST 2013

Dear all,

after years of new/delete, I am ready to give smart pointers a try. But
I'm quite puzzled about their implementation after reading the awesome
"tutorial" (*) by Thiago Macieira.

As an example, I ask you guys some recommendations on practical examples.

Let's say I am creating some QActions. Right now I'm using a
QList<QAction*>, and in my destructor I delete them. Is here possible to
use only a QPointer?

If I'm dealing with my internal widgets in a QMainWindow, is it
recommended a QSharedPointer?

Thanks for clarifying these doubts!

(*)
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2009/08/25/count-with-me-how-many-smart-pointer-classes-does-qt-have/