[Interest] Oops! Somebody's got a bad case of dependency bloat!

Christian Dähn daehn at asinteg.de
Wed Apr 10 14:30:11 CEST 2013

Hi,

as commercial customer I currently DON'T UPGRADE to Qt 5.0 BECAUSE of these
messy dependencies.

WebKit and its dependencies are a serious SHOW STOPPER for our industrial
applications -
for desktop (widget based) and server backend.

So I wait till I have enough free time to fix the messy dependency problems and
the many porting issues
(like deprecated QString::toAscii() for example) für my few million codelines...
maybe I've to spent more than
just one lunch time for it :-D

For this year none of my productive apps will be ported to Qt 5.0 - thats for
sure.

Best Regards,
Christian