[Interest] Qt 4.8.4 support for Visual Studio 2012

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Wed Apr 10 21:51:15 CEST 2013

On 4/10/2013 3:42 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quarta-feira, 10 de abril de 2013 19.32.25, Eric Clark wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not Qt would be building 4.8.4 or
>> any future release of 4.x.x using Visual Studio 2012? I know that Qt 5.x
>> has builds for Visual Studio 2012, but we are not quite ready to port to Qt
>> 5 yet. Therefore, a build of Qt 4 using Visual Studio 2012 would be very
>> nice for us. If there is no intention of releasing a 2012 build, then we
>> will go ahead and build it ourselves. Any help is very much appreciated!!
>
> Hi Eric
>
> I doubt we'll produce binaries for VS2012, but you should be able to build the
> sources yourself.
>
> The mkspec for VS2012 is present in the 4.8.4 sources.
>
> I *think* there was a small glitch somewhere in building, but I can't recall
> the details and in which version it may have been fixed. If you find a
> compilation error when compiling, please report it as a bug.

We didn't have any particular problems building Qt 4.8.1 with VS2012
though we don't build the webkit.  I think I've heard of issues with that.

Our problem with this scenario is that our existing VSIntergration
didn't work for VS2012.  And the available newer VS-Addin doesn't
support Qt4.  This was supposed to be addressed but I don't believe it
has.