[Interest] Oops! Somebody's got a bad case of dependency bloat!

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:42:27 CEST 2013

As much as I just went off the deep end on Thiago let's look at it from the Qt devs point of view. Say they really do want to get rid of the perl thing and rewrite what the perl script did in C++ so it can be compiled during the configure process like qmake.

Who actually is going to step up to do this? Who has the time. I bitch and complain but I certainly do NOT have the time right now. I have paying customers that are demanding my attention not to mention family life. So then we turn to Digia to get it done. But they will not without a _Paying_ customer to foot the development costs. And no one here is going to foot that bill.

BUT...

 What if we took this to a "Kickstarter" like process. if those of us who want to get rid of Perl are willing to cough up some money I bet we _could_ foot the bill to make the conversion from Perl to C++. Who we get to do it is up for discussion. There are more than a few Qt Devs that need the extra work.

Just food for thought. (Trying to help find a solution instead of just bitching...)
---
Mike J.

PS - Yes I top posted. Want that to be read.