[Interest] Deployment by Qt Installer Framework

Kalinowski Maurice Maurice.Kalinowski at digia.com
Fri Apr 12 08:07:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Hello,

> Qt application deployment is really painful because it hasn't automatic utility for copying needed .so or .dll
> so I wondering does the new Qt Installer Framework do the trick?

> PS
> I tried to use it but it didn't work for first time, I think I've to give it another try.

The Installer Framework is what its name says. A framework to create installers, independently of its content.

What you are asking for is understanding the logic of your development project, what dependencies it has and create a list of items to be packaged in the correct order to deploy your application.

That is only possible semi-automatically, but definitely not in the scope of the installer framework as is.

BR,
Maurice