[Interest] Deployment by Qt Installer Framework

Soroush R soroush.rabiei at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 19:54:37 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi <mbnoimi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Actually I use ldd for deploying Linux applications but recently one of my
> friends argued me about "hell of Qt deploying" specially in case some one
> needed to create rapid applications (by comparing with VB6 of Delphi
> applications), for that I asked you about ifw.
>
> By the way, Is there any wizard or any rapid tool for quick and clean Qt
> deploying?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Hi Muhammad

I think there is no package management mechanism for Windows (like Linux
distros), so developers have to take care of deployment. Personally, I use
my own installer to put all background stuff on final user's machine in
standard places of Windows. It's easier than putting all Qt DLL's beside
applications or libraries.