[Interest] Qt 5.0.2 speed and widgets

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 10:34:16 CEST 2013

I think I have found the problem: the qaccessible interface...

While my program was kind of hanging during those long seconds, I have
broken several times in the debugger, and saw that some accessibility
code was being executed. Then I did this quick Qt change:
in qaccessible.cpp
QAccessible::queryAccessibleInterface(...)
I insert "return 0;" at the start...
et voilà, back to normal speed! (actually, a 20% reduction compared to
4.8, but this is the day and night compared to before).
This code change is a dirty hack of course, but it simply make Qt 5 usable
again for me...

There is definitly something wrong on the Windows accessibility code...

Philippe