[Interest] Rotating objects in QML are killing performance

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Mon Apr 15 12:20:35 CEST 2013

On 15 Apr 2013, at 12:08 PM, Michael Andersen wrote:
> For my card, my version (310.44) is the latest that the nvidia site offers me (and is newer than all the versions in the Ubuntu repository), what card do you have and did you opt for beta drivers or something similar?

I'm running Arch Linux.  The driver is an ordinary package, but it could be beta from nvidia's perspective I guess.  The latest that Arch has now is 313.30.  The card is
NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210]

> With sync to VBlank, I get 60FPS with almost no CPU usage until I attempt to drag windows, then all hell breaks loose. I'll see if I can find a newer driver and retest.

Oh you're right, dragging windows (glxgears) does take the CPU usage of one core up to near 100%.  And I'm not even running a compositing WM (OpenBox.)