[Interest] Several issues compiling Qt 4.8.4 with mingw-w64 4.8.1, possible related to "-std=gnu++11"

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Apr 16 08:53:44 CEST 2013

Actually I'd expect that to work just fine. The commonly reported issue with mixing e.g. -std=c++11 and -std=gnu++98 (the default) is ABI changes in the std:: namespace. Since Qt does use it only sparingly, and in inline methods, IMO you should be fine compiling your app with e.g. std=c++11 and still compile against stock QtScript/QtWebKit.

> One more note:  I ran configure with "-no-webkit".  Do you think that if I also
> add "-no-script" to my configure that I will be able to build Qt with c++11
> turned on?
>
> I haven't (explicitly) used QtScript.  What would I be giving up if I turned it
> off?

e.g. QtDeclarative won't compile then.