[Interest] Compilation issue for OpenGL ES2 on ARM/Linux

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Tue Apr 16 11:23:39 CEST 2013

On Tue, April 16, 2013 07:47:32 AM Andre Renaud wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> I don't think it's a problem with egl.h itself. The problem seems
> actually to be that for some reason QT_NO_EGL is getting defined,
> meaning that when egl/qegl_p.h is #include'd, it ends up only defining
> a few of the EGL options (and noy including GLES2/gl2.h). The problem
> I have is I cannot work out where QT_NO_EGL is getting defined, or
> what has caused it.

Ah sorry you mentioned that in your first mail! You're right! :)

You're building on linux, for linux, right?
The only settings I found were win(ce) or symbian related.

(and tools/configure/configureapp.cpp .. but that's only used on windows
(maybe mac?) ... not sure, haven't used either of those for a while ;)

To pin-point the case I recommend: grep -r QT_NO_EGL and then either qmake -d
(debug) .. or which might be faster: adding 'message("foo")' to all .pro and
pri where QT_NO_EGL is presents

> Is it possible that it's picking things up from my native QT build?
> I'm cross building on an ubuntu machine.

You should see warnings about this ... 'It's unsafe to include /... in cross-
build' or something like that.

One thing you might find useful to try is to build for qpa instead of qws.
  (it's -qpa instead of -embedded)
It's similar, the difference is that with qpa you don't get a built-in window-
system ... which means without a external windowing-system (x11, wayland,
dfb,...) you can only get one full-screen surface (and therefor single
process, single window).

If this is sufficient for you, maybe qpa is simpler so solve.
.. on the other hand, multi-window opengl never worked very well (/on a lot of
setups) in qws neither, so not much lost :D