[Interest] Several issues compiling Qt 4.8.4 with mingw-w64 4.8.1, possible related to "-std=gnu++11"

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 00:39:01 CEST 2013

Hi Thiago -

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On terça-feira, 16 de abril de 2013 18.03.20, K. Frank wrote:
>> When I build my code (which will typically use various c++11 features)
>> I will specify "-std=gnu++11" even though I will be linking to (and using
>> the headers of) the Qt installation I build without "-std=gnu++11".
>>
>> (I am not actually certain how to do this, but I will ask in a new thread.)
> You do that by:
>         QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=gnu++11

Thanks.  A follow-up question:  Is there a way to do this globally, or
would it be necessary to do this separately for each project?  It's not
a big deal, but globally would be more convenient.

(Feel free to answer here or in the new thread I started to ask this
specific question.)

> ..
> You should not get any problems with Qt. I've been doing the opposite that
> you're going to do for years without a problem: compiling Qt 4 with -std=c++0x
> and compiling KDE against that, but without the flag.

Thiago, help me out here ...  Compiling Qt (4.8.4, to be precise) with
c++11 features turned on was the main point of this thread.  How do
you do it?  (Or are you specifically not compiling the "problem modules",
QtScript, etc.?)

Thanks for your help.

K. Frank