[Interest] Fwd: Deployment by Qt Installer Framework

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Wed Apr 17 09:41:26 CEST 2013

On 17/04/13 07:11, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:

>> Talking about debian-based distros, you may need a handy debhelper
>> option that checks ldd result and choose which qt package to be
>> included in dependency list. But this is not required in my opinion.
> Actually this is smart solution could you please give me a snippet of
> this solution?
> I looked into debhelper and I found many tools couldn't know which one
> may helps me.

That is the dh_shlibdeps tool, which is a front-end for dpkg-shlibdeps.
This has been a basic Debian package building tool for at least 16
years. You should not hand code the dependencies as Soroush suggested,
but let the toolchain figure them out. This allows for the library
packages to be reorganised, or new versions of libraries to be used, as
they have in the past.

Hamish
(debian package maintainer in another lifetime..)